Activity Search Results
Total Results: 2
Showing: 1 to 2
485200 - Lifeguard Instructor
The purpose of the Lifeguard Instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguarding Blended Learning, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Waterpark Skills, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, Administering Emergency Oxygen and Bloodborne Pathogens Training courses and additional modules.
Prerequisites for Instructor Candidates:
1. Be at least 17 years old on or before the last day of the instructor course.
2. Possess one of the following:
A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
A current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid and either an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or an American Red Cross certificate for CPR/AED for Lifeguards.
3. Successfully complete the Online Session for the Lifeguarding Instructor course. Once registered we will email a link that will allow you to complete the Online Session. This will cost an additional $35.00 that you will pay directly to the American Red Cross. This $35.00 Online Session fee is non-refundable.
4. Obtain the Lifeguarding Instructor’s Manual, Lifeguarding Manual, and pocket mask to bring to all of the class sessions.
5. Swim 300 yards while demonstrating continuous breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
6. Tread water using only the legs for 2 minutes. Candidates should place their hands under their armpits.
7. Starting in the water, swim 20 yards on the surface. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed. Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object. The face is kept at or near the surface so that breathing is possible. Candidates should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps. Complete this timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
8. Demonstrate all in- water rescues, first aid skills, and CPR/AED for the professional Rescuer skills.
9. Attend and actively participate in all course sessions.
(To register contact Kim Wigram at: 614-410-4567)
**Please Note: There will be an additional $35.00 non-refundable fee that all participants must pay to the American Red Cross in addition to the fees listed below**
|Add to Cart||Available||485200-01||LG Instructor||12/26/16- 12/29/16||9:00 AM- 5:00 PM||M-Th||DCRC||$250/$280||17 years and Up||Item Details|
585100 - Lifeguard Training
REQUIREMENTS AND REFUND POLICY
This course follows the strict guidelines of the American Red Cross. Our instructors are required to follow these guidelines at all times. Participation in this class does not guarantee certification.
Refund Policy: A cancellation request form must be submitted to the front desk of the DCRC at least 7 business days prior to the first day of the class, for a refund of fees paid minus a $10 administrative fee. No refunds will be processed after this time.
To be eligible to participate in the Lifeguarding Course, each participant will be confirmed or tested on the following prerequisite items the first day of class:
1. Be the minimum age of 15 years by the final day of class (proof of age must be brought to the first class).
2. Swim 300 yards continuously, using these strokes in the following order:
100 yards front crawl, using rhythmic breathing and a stabilizing, propellant kick.
100 yards breaststroke using a pull, breathe, kick sequence.
100 yards front crawl and/or breaststroke (the last 100 hundred yards may be a combination of front crawl and breast stroke)
Note: There is no time requirement for this swim. Each participant must show only that he or she can swim the entire 300 yards using the above strokes without stopping. (The participant may use goggles for this part of the test ONLY.)
3. Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface-dive to a depth of 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, and return to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps. This specific test must be completed in its entirety within in 1 minute and 40 seconds.
Note: When returning to the starting point, each participant must be able to hold the 10-pound object with both hands, placing it on his or her chest, and keeping his or her face above water. Each participant must exit the water using his or her own strength. (Participants may NOT use goggles during this skill.)
4. Tread water using only the legs for two minutes. Candidates should place their hands under their armpits.
Participants must pass the entire prerequisite test in order to continue the course. Failure to pass the prerequisite test and/or attend all class sessions results in forfeiture of class fees or a one-time transfer to a future City of Dublin Lifeguarding course. Once a participant passes the prerequisite test, no refunds or transfers will be processed.
Certification Requirements: To receive an American Red Cross Lifeguard certification all participants must:
1. Pass all course prerequisites
2. Attend all class sessions in their entirety
3. Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities
4. Demonstrate competency in the three final skill scenarios
5. Correctly answer 80% of the questions in the three sections of the final written exam
Failure to meet the course prerequisites, attend all classes in their entirety, demonstrate competency in skills, or failure of the written test will result in forfeiture of class fees and certification will not be granted. If you have any questions prior to class, please contact Kate Futty at 614-410-4556.
A copy of these policies will be e-mailed to you upon class registration. We ask that you review the policies and respond in acknowledgment of accepting these terms.
|Add to Cart||Available||585100-42||Lifeguard Training||12/26/16- 12/30/16||9:00 AM- 4:00 PM||M-F||DCRC||$225/$248||15 years and Up||Item Details|